Chapter 10 – Organizing for Innovation
- Organizing for Innovation at Google
- Size and Structural Dimensions of the Firm
- Size: Is Bigger Better?
- Structural Dimensions of the Firm
- Formalization and Standardization
- Mechanistic versus Organic Structures
- Size versus Structure
- The Ambidextrous Organization: The Best of Both Worlds?
- Modularity and “Loosely Coupled” Organizations
- Modular Products
- Loosely Coupled Organizational Structures
- Managing Innovation Across Borders
- Summary of the Chapter
- Discussion Questions
- Suggested Further Reading