On innovation (suggested by Prof. Di Minin)
- Ahuja, G., & Lampert, C. M. (2001). Entrepreneurship in the large corporation: A longitudinal study of how established firms create breakthrough inventions. Strategic Management Journal, 22(6-7), 521-543.
- Barnholt, E.W., 1997. Fostering business growth with breakthrough innovation. Research-Technology Management, 40, 12–16.
- Baumol, William J. “Entrepreneurial enterprises, large established firms and other components of the free-market growth machine.” Small business economics 23.1 (2004): 9-21.
- Bower, J. L., Christensen, C.M. (1995) Disruptive Technologies: Catching the Wave. Harvard Business Review Press.
- Chandy, R. K., & Tellis, G. J. (2000). The incumbent’s curse? Incumbency, size, and radical product innovation. Journal of Marketing, 64(3), 1-17.
- Christensen, C.M. (1997). The innovator’s dilemma: when new technologies cause great firms to fail. Harvard Business Review, Jan-Feb 1995.
- Dosi, G. (1982). Technological paradigms and technological trajectories: a suggested interpretation of the determinants and directions of technical change. Research Policy, 11(3): 147–162.
- Ettlie, J., W. Bridges and R. O’Keefe (1984). Organization strategy and structural differences for radical versus incremental innovation, Management Science, 30: 682–695.
- Gans, J. (2016) “The Disruption Dilemma”. MIT Press
- Iansiti, M., McFarlan, W., Westerman, G., 2003. Leveraging the Incumbent’s Advantage. MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Lyytinen, K., Rose, G.M., 2003. The disruptive nature of information technology innovations: The case of Internet computing in systems development organizations. MIS Quarterly, 27, 557–595.
- Mascitelli, R., 2000. From experience: Harnessing tacit knowledge to achieve breakthrough innovation. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 17, 179–193.
- McDermott, C., and O’Connor, G. C. (2002). Managing radical innovation: An overview of emergent strategy issues. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 19(6): 424–438.
- O’Connor, G. C., and Rice, M. P. (2001). Opportunity recognition and breakthrough innovation in large established firms. California Management Review, 43(2), 95-116.
- Roy, R., Sarkar, M., 2016. Knowledge, firm boundaries, and innovation: Mitigating the incumbent’s curse during radical technological change. Strategic Management Journal, 37, 835–854.
- Schumpeter, Joseph A. (1934).” The theory of economic development (1911)”.
- Sorescu, A.B., Chandy, R.K. and Prabhu, J.C. (2003) Sources and Financial Consequences of Radical Innovation: Insights from Pharmaceuticals. Journal of Marketing, 67(October 2003): 82–102
- Stringer, Robert. “How to manage radical innovation.” California management review 42.4 (2000): 70-88.
- Tushman M. and Anderson P. (1986) Technological discontinuities and organization environments. Administrative Science Quarterly, 31:439–65.
- Zhou, K.Z., Yim, C.K., Tse, D.K., 2005. The effects of strategic orientations on technology- and market-based breakthrough innovations. Journal of Marketing, 69, 42–60.
On business models
On other types of innovation